fusion and breeding

By benneti 23 Feb 2016 12:59

Member · 38 comments

I  thought a bit on how fusion and breeding could work.
So first of all my opinion is still, that breeding should not always work but only for some selected  txmn, for whom the mix is predesigned and named. I think fusion could work with this: Fusion could be an attack of a txmn and or an item, which is not forever, but only for a limited period of time (like a fight or a day ...).
This way it would be possible to have fusion (and add an explanation why you could not carry as many fused txmn as normal ones), some breeded mixtures and natural looking "naturally created" txmn.

Last edited by benneti (23 Feb 2016 13:03)

By Sanglorian 23 Feb 2016 20:53

Champion · 491 comments

I like the idea of it being a technique - then we can introduce Fusion by making it a TM (TMs in Pokemon teach a technique, and these days they can be used multiple times).

By Leo 24 Feb 2016 21:13

Moderator · 70 comments

There's already a 'creature fusion discussion', where I talked about the problem with fusions, and thought of a way to have the best of both worlds, chimeras.

The idea is to carefully define "bricks" or elements that allow to make creatures. Neck, tails, fins, wings, etc. By just fixing how we plug them, we can build them with confidence that the end result will look good. With that we won't have "charizard/magikarp", but cool loking griffins, capricorns and so on.

Here's what I mean. It's a generic set of water-creature set of bricks and the colors show where the set of generic plugs.

chimera_idea_zpsd5oyiduv.jpg

By benneti 24 Feb 2016 21:30

Member · 38 comments

that sounds nice, but what i meant was not the technical aspect but how to use it in the game so i did not post this idea in the other discussion