Tuxberries and Tuxfruit, Cooking in game

By tamashihoshi 17 Aug 2016 12:01

Champion · 251 comments
Sanglorian wrote

Just for fun, here's my mock-up of what a Tuxemon Harvest Moon-style game might look like:

Tuxemon_harvest.png

I know this is just a mockup.. still, a question about 3x3 fields:
how does the player reach the center tile? can the player walk through/on the plants? yikes

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day!

By Sanglorian 17 Aug 2016 22:31

Champion · 491 comments

There's a few options, I guess - walking on plants or tools that water a 3x3 area instead of a single tile

By ShadowApex 18 Aug 2016 08:41

Lead Developer · 374 comments

I don't think we'd be able to make Tuxemon into a Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon like game anytime soon, but I do like the idea. With just a few extra map actions/conditions it might actually be possible to make this kind of system with the map editor. I'm not sure how much of a priority this would be right now though. If anyone wants to tackle these, I'd welcome to contributions. smile

Here's what my thoughts are on what we'd need for something basic:

• add_world_sprite, change_world_sprite, and remove_world_sprite actions - Add a world sprite to add a plant sprite, change to change the sprite after x amount of time has passed, and remove to remove the sprite upon harvesting.
  • set_timer, remove_timer actions - Set a timer when player plants something and remove the timer when it is fully grown or harvested.
  • time_passed condition - Check the plant timer to see if x amount of time has passed to change its world sprite and see if it is harvestable.
  • item_used condition - Check to see if a "seed" type of item has been used while near a plantable area.

This would let us define an event in the map editor for certain tiles (like tiled soil) that could check for a seed item being used which would add a world sprite and set a timer. Here's a quick mock up of what those map events might look like:

-----------------------------------------------
Event 1
cond1  is player_facing_tile
cond2  not variable_set tile1_planted:true
cond3  is item_used berry_seed
act1  dialog You planted a berry seed!
act2  add_world_sprite berry_seed.png
act3  set_timer tile1_planted_timer
act4  set_variable tile1_planted:true

Event 2
cond1  is time_passed tile1_planted_timer:30
act1  change_world_sprite berry_shrub.png

Event 3
cond1  is time_passed tile1_planted_timer:60
act1  change_world_sprite berry_tree.png

Event 4
cond1  is time_passed tile1_planted_timer:60
cond2  is player_facing_tile
cond3  is button_pressed K_RETURN
act1  add_item berry
act2  dialog You harvested a berry!
act3  remove_world_sprite
act4  remove_timer tile1_planted_timer
act5  set_variable tile1_planted:false

By josepharaoh99 26 Aug 2016 00:29

Champion · 295 comments

Whoa! That looks so awesome and Tuxemon worthy! I hope we can get an interface like that going!

Multiple Media Producer
Jesus is God! http://www.upci.org/search

By josepharaoh99 10 Nov 2016 00:29

Champion · 295 comments

Some HORRIBLE pixel art cake for the game (if anyone wants to do anything with it): http://opengameart.org/content/cake-pixel-art Horribly simple

Last edited by josepharaoh99 (10 Nov 2016 00:29)

Multiple Media Producer
Jesus is God! http://www.upci.org/search