Looking to contribute, confused about what to work on

By xirsoi 16 Apr 2016 19:42

Champion · 66 comments

I'd like to point out that there are a fair number of issues on the Github issue tracker that seem to have been completed (merged pull requests and everything) but are not marked as Done in the issue tracker. It's difficult to know what to work on when I have to check 40+ issues to see what's been worked on.

Keep up with the project, it's super cool!

By ShadowApex 16 Apr 2016 23:31

Lead Developer · 374 comments

Hi xirosi,

Most of the issues in the GitHub tracker that are still open even after accepting merge requests still have some issues present that should be resolved before I'd like to close them completely. If you do find an problem that was fully resolved that still has an issue open, let me know and I can ensure they're closed. I'll try and do a run through this weekend to make sure the appropriate issues are closed or comment on what's still needed to fix the issue.

There's still quite a few things to work on, so if you're interested in pursuing a specific area, let us know or post here on the forums and we can point you in the right direction to tackle that particular problem.

Thanks!

By bitcraft 24 Apr 2016 15:56

Champion · 166 comments

Welcome to the project!  A few of the members on usually on the freenode IRC channel #tuxemon.  Feel free to drop in to chat about the issues or learn about what you can do.

By agitated_xirsoi 27 Apr 2016 23:52

New member · 1 comments

There is something seriously hinky with this forum software.
I haven't been able to login to my account.

I've tried resetting the password. The link it gives in the email cannot be accessed by anonymous users.
So, whatever. I'll just login using the temp password it gives me, right? Wrong.

Doesn't matter if I use my username or my email, the temp password Does. Not. Work.

Anyway, I still plan to contribute to Tuxemon.  I just need to familiarize myself with Python first. I've got plenty of programming experience, just never touched Python. I'm re-writing an app I built for work in it to get my feet wet. I'll let you know when I get started!

By ShadowApex 27 Apr 2016 23:57

Lead Developer · 374 comments
agitated_xirsoi wrote

There is something seriously hinky with this forum software.
I haven't been able to login to my account.

I've tried resetting the password. The link it gives in the email cannot be accessed by anonymous users.
So, whatever. I'll just login using the temp password it gives me, right? Wrong.

Doesn't matter if I use my username or my email, the temp password Does. Not. Work.

I'm hoping to migrate away from Luna Forum to something a little more stable. The biggest problem is migrating all the existing users and topics over to the new platform. I can also go ahead and reset your password to something temporary. Shoot me an email at shadowapex@gmail.com!