Chickenshowman's Contributions

By Chickenshowman 7 Jan 2017 21:03

Member · 21 comments

So here are my first two sprites. They're an evolutionary chain and both water type.

The first is named "Chillimp" (The Frost Ape Tuxemon). And the evolved form is named "Snowrilla" (The Yeti Tuxemon).

Chillimp

Front Sprite: D0uSzE6.png

Back Sprite: 00KBH4Z.png

Menu Frame 1: 6gpQycu.png
Menu Frame 2: PFtLUwn.png
Menu Animation: 96x96: BWOg8Ez.gif

Snowrilla

Front Sprite: Mx4Ju07.png

Back Sprite: WYWmW6c.png

Menu Frame 1: 1cBLBaA.png
Menu Frame 2: IBrJrlS.png
Menu Animation: aeeZGRX.gif

Last edited by Chickenshowman (9 Jan 2017 18:06)

By Sanglorian 7 Jan 2017 21:53

Champion · 501 comments

Great stuff! Snowrilla looks great, I love the highlighting and shading in particular.

One thing is that we use faces for the menu sprites, rather than whole body shots. Chillimp is fine, because it basically is a face, but Snowrilla is showing too much body.

By Chickenshowman 7 Jan 2017 22:02

Member · 21 comments

Thanks! Still learning spriting but hopefully improving!

Oh I didn't know it was just the face, I'll try to make that when I have some more time.

By Serpexnessie 7 Jan 2017 22:52

Member · 23 comments

Wow, that looks really nice. Good job!

By Chickenshowman 9 Jan 2017 06:20

Member · 21 comments

Made another evolutionary chain today. I don't have names for them yet, tbh I'm not great with naming things (maybe you guys can help me with that part).

The idea is this: the first in the chain is a prophet (who looks like a turtle) who has roamed the desert for hundreds of years in search of his god (maybe not actually god but something like "World Spirit"). Here he is: http://imgur.com/a/P7iOh Maybe a name like Prophetoise? (Prophet and tortoise mixed).

Anyways he spends so much time searching for his god that through wisdom and power be evolves into the god he is looking for! Here's the second and final evo http://imgur.com/a/NiVIZ (no name idea for this one).

When I made them I was thinking there was a psychic type in this game but since there isn't I guess the first evo could be earth or wood and the final would be fire.

By Chickenshowman 9 Jan 2017 06:28

Member · 21 comments

Forturtle

Front Sprite: BdUvgai.png

Back Sprite: jEkKQno.png

Face Sprite Frame 1: jq225hl.png

Face Sprite Frame 2: oXHdvuj.png

Menu Animation: aa0VS9d.gif

Prophetoise

Front Sprite: 64x64 5wspAxO.png

Back Sprite: 64x64 m6TRtRS.png

Face Sprite Frame 1: wUpplxH.png

Face Sprite Frame 2: qaEnWCe.png

Menu Animation: Kr0jATk.gif

Oh as an aside, can someone tell me how to link pictures straight into the forum without linking these imgur links?

Last edited by Chickenshowman (9 Jan 2017 18:10)

By Sanglorian 9 Jan 2017 08:10

Champion · 501 comments
Chickenshowman wrote

Oh as an aside, can someone tell me how to link pictures straight into the forum without linking these imgur links?

Yeah, sure thing.

When you've uploaded them to Imgur, right click and select "Copy image address"

Then on the forums, type

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/BdUvgai.png[/IMG]

(with the image address pasted in the middle) and they'll show up as images.

EDIT:

Oh, and in terms of names, what about

Forturtle (fortell + turtle) and Prophetoise

Last edited by Sanglorian (9 Jan 2017 08:11)

By Chickenshowman 9 Jan 2017 08:28

Member · 21 comments

Ah ok perfect thank you! Ya I'll go with those names. By the way are there any sprites which need finishing?

I am just doing this to practice making sprites but having a hard time thinking up new concepts. Would be more than willing to redo/finish any sprites that need done.

By Sanglorian 9 Jan 2017 09:21

Champion · 501 comments
Chickenshowman wrote

I am just doing this to practice making sprites but having a hard time thinking up new concepts. Would be more than willing to redo/finish any sprites that need done.

It would be great to get some more trainer sprites done - you can see the progress so far here:
https://forum.tuxemon.org/thread.php?id=179

In terms of other trainers I'd love to see, a "Rocker" class (a female punk/rock musician/fan) would be very cool, as would a "Fire Fighter", "Homemaker" (just a mum or dad, maybe in an apron), that sort of thing.

Or if you wanted to work on other monsters, here's some that are close to completion and just need a few more sprites:
https://forum.tuxemon.org/thread.php?id=168

You can look up each of these on the wiki (wiki.tuxemon.org) to see which sprites have already been done. Here's the page where you can sort them by how completed they are:
https://wiki.tuxemon.org/index.php?titl … ss_Tracker

Hope that helps - we really appreciate your contributions so far!

By Chickenshowman 9 Jan 2017 20:45

Member · 21 comments

Here's the back and face sprites for Allagon and Wrougon.

Wrougon

Back: Bzt3m6A.png

Face Sprite 1: cPDKavY.png

Face Sprite 2: sG7c0te.png

Allagon

Back: 8UiX0Wa.png

Face Sprite 1: CpGI4M3.png

Face Sprite 2: fW456fG.png

Edit: I didn't exactly match the colours from the front sprite so those might need to be changed by the original creator but that should be easy enough to do.

Last edited by Chickenshowman (10 Jan 2017 04:01)

By Sanglorian 10 Jan 2017 05:49

Champion · 501 comments

Great stuff! I wouldn't worry about the colours yet - a lot of our sprites don't follow the official palette for one reason or another, so we're going to need a big consolidation at some point.

By Chickenshowman 10 Jan 2017 21:08

Member · 21 comments

So I've been tryng to make a firefighter trainer sprite and kinda realizing I have no idea how to make it look like a person. Never really tried to draw a person before. Sanglorian I was checking out some of the trainer sprites you made and they look really awesome.

Any tips for how I could improve this dude?

Pdu83gk.png

nFVpajo.png

Edit: Araignee

Back: TR2EoCM.png

Face Sprite 1: DFREaLv.png

Face Sprite 2: UUckS9o.png

Last edited by Chickenshowman (11 Jan 2017 04:46)

By Sanglorian 11 Jan 2017 10:28

Champion · 501 comments
Chickenshowman wrote

So I've been tryng to make a firefighter trainer sprite and kinda realizing I have no idea how to make it look like a person. Never really tried to draw a person before. Sanglorian I was checking out some of the trainer sprites you made and they look really awesome.

Any tips for how I could improve this dude?

http://i.imgur.com/Pdu83gk.png

http://i.imgur.com/nFVpajo.png

Hey, that's pretty cool! And thanks for the kind words.

I learned a lot from looking closely at the third generation Pokemon sprites, and seeing how they worked - in terms of shape and colour.

I had a little play around with the firefighter sprite, and here's a few thoughts I had:

* The right-hand boot could be a bit smaller, to break the appearance of both boots being the same.
* I find the best eyes are two pixels by two pixels, with two white pixels on the outer column, and then a black and a coloured pixel on the inner column.
* The head could be smoothed out a bit - it feels a bit choppy, not as spherical as it could be.
* The hands are quite big, and making them smaller makes the hose also seem a bit too big.
* The helmet goes up at the forehead, when I think it should go down.

But I don't mean to be too critical - I think it's good!

By josepharaoh99 11 Jan 2017 16:45

Champion · 295 comments

Wow, these sprites are amazing - I really appreciate all the help you've given us already!  If you're looking for certain tuxemon to be finish, I'd really love to see Fribbit and Lapinou completed, but that's just personal preference (just enjoy working on whatever you want to smile ).

Great job on the fireman, too! One thing I noticed is that his shoulders stretch maybe a pixel or 2 too broad, but don't feel like I'm pounding you down - it's an amazing sprite!

And Sanglorian, I don't know what to say - every time I return to the wiki, I see new Tuxemon I've never seen before big_smile

Last edited by josepharaoh99 (11 Jan 2017 16:49)

Multiple Media Producer
Jesus is God! http://www.upci.org/search

By Chickenshowman 12 Jan 2017 02:13

Member · 21 comments

Thanks for the kind words! I've really been enjoying learning how to make sprites, and glad to help any way I can.

No worries on the constructive criticism! I'm very new to pixel art so I want all the advice I can get.

I was actually thinking of doing Fribbit next so that's perfect!

By Chickenshowman 12 Jan 2017 08:33

Member · 21 comments

So the back sprite for Fribbit is proving to be harder than expected. Gonna keep working at that one but for now here's Lapinou finished!

Back Sprite: yVTY18j.png

Face Sprite 1: 1kwgNJi.png

Face Sprite 2: zmAFJIF.png

Edit: Had fun with Lapinou and decided to make my own rabbit which quickly turned into a Jackelope! He can be wood type. Can't think of a good name yet. Anyone got a good one?

Pineconey

rRpOi7E.png

bVGchzf.png

Last edited by Chickenshowman (14 Jan 2017 23:55)

By Chickenshowman 14 Jan 2017 04:12

Member · 21 comments

I made the back sprite for Birdling but he's not looking in quite the same direction as most of the back sprites. Is this alright or should I make him so he's facing more away from the screen?

QuPT54Q.png

nfROHjU.png

Edit: Oh I also made a sprite for Vyking since all there was was this drawing https://wiki.tuxemon.org/images/e/e9/Vyking.jpg

dVDbOlZ.png

DFcoTlF.png

Last edited by Chickenshowman (14 Jan 2017 16:39)

By Serpexnessie 14 Jan 2017 18:40

Member · 23 comments

Wow, these look really nice. Keep it up! big_smile

... I feel like I'm repeating myself here... oh well.

Last edited by Serpexnessie (14 Jan 2017 18:41)

By Sanglorian 14 Jan 2017 23:36

Champion · 501 comments

For the jackalope, how about Briarabbit (''briar'' + ''Brere Rabbit''), Pineconey (''pine cone'' + ''coney''), Jackalop (''jackalope'' + ''lop'', like to lop off a tree branch), Jackalog or Logpin (''log'' + '' lapin'')?

Chickenshowman wrote

I made the back sprite for Birdling but he's not looking in quite the same direction as most of the back sprites. Is this alright or should I make him so he's facing more away from the screen?

I wouldn't worry about it - the tuxemon come in so many different shapes that some are going to look better facing mostly forward, and some facing mostly to the right.

Last edited by Sanglorian (14 Jan 2017 23:38)

By Chickenshowman 14 Jan 2017 23:55

Member · 21 comments

Ya let's go with Pineconey, I like that one!

By MirceaKitsune 16 Jan 2017 18:06

Member · 38 comments

The Chillimp sprite is pretty good, I support it. I especially love Pineconey, +1 to adding them in! Birdling is also pretty okay... same for Vyking.

By tamashihoshi 19 Jan 2017 20:46

Champion · 251 comments

Hi, I really love your snowrilla, especially the colors! I also wanted to tell you I like your sprites...

and now to the embarrassing part...

I accidentally said this to the wrong person, so here again correctly: thank you alot for finishing the green bird sprite I didn't finish!
Sorry for posting it at the wrong place >///<

Here's my wrong post, if you're confused: https://forum.tuxemon.org/thread.php?pid=1780#p1780
>////>

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day!

By Chickenshowman 20 Jan 2017 04:03

Member · 21 comments

Thank you! And no problem finishing the bird! The front sprite was really well proportioned. Made it easy for me to make a back sprite.

By Chickenshowman 20 Jan 2017 04:12

Member · 21 comments

So I have started working on a medieval looking tileset for the first world. It's gonna take me a while to get it to the point where I think we could use it in the game but I just wanted to give a preview of what I've finished so far (ignore the messed up tile at the bottom, I forgot to put a corner piece).

1FglvQw.png

I plan on adding quite a bit more including:

1. Textures: Dirt and water tiles

2. Sprites: Knight, Priest, Woman peasant, child peasant

3. Buildings: A church and a barn/silo combo

4. Objects: Bush, Rock, Wagon, Hay Bail and another type of tree (one that is 16x32 instead of 32x32)

Is there anything else I should add to this? Anything that I am forgetting that would be necessary to a medieval scene? Obviously this is going to take me a long time but I love making tilesets and like having something to work towards.

By xirsoi 21 Jan 2017 03:18

Champion · 66 comments

This would be awesome as an alternative tileset to show off that Tuxemon is more than just an open source Pokemon-esque game, it's an engine.

Good work! I especially like the trees smile