Issues and Ideas

By rubberduck 21 Aug 2019 15:42

Member · 18 comments

I noticed some issues and got some ideas too...

1: It seems that I can't level my tuxemon, the experience bar does not change too.

2: I miss a system to store tuxemon / storage system

3: Capture devices are not lost / broken when a try fails, that is a bit weird for me.

4: monsters attack me(and sometimes hit me too), when they are already fainted. Is this normal?

5: Idea: monster type based capture devices, that work better on the specific monster type, like a wood type capture device...

6: I found a small bug in the first map, it happens with all signs of this type...
tuxemon_error_01.png

7: A monster based or inspired by some of the minetest mobs like the "mese-monster" and/ or "oerkki"
monsters_from_minetest.png

And I hope that the misa bug and the keyerror crash will be fixed soon, these bugs are driving me crazy...

By Sanglorian 26 Aug 2019 04:51

Champion · 518 comments
rubberduck wrote

I noticed some issues and got some ideas too...

1: It seems that I can't level my tuxemon, the experience bar does not change too.

2: I miss a system to store tuxemon / storage system

Agreed! In fact, it's one of the earliest issues on the project's Github page! https://github.com/Tuxemon/Tuxemon/issues/3

I've just added it to my informal list of key issues, since I agree it's almost vital for the game.

3: Capture devices are not lost / broken when a try fails, that is a bit weird for me.

I think the effect we're going for is that you can pick up the devices afterwards if they didn't work. But I think you're right, it might be better if they break on a failed attempt.

5: Idea: monster type based capture devices, that work better on the specific monster type, like a wood type capture device...

Good idea! They might have double the power, but only work on monsters of that type.

7: A monster based or inspired by some of the minetest mobs like the "mese-monster" and/ or "oerkki"
https://platen-software.de/sebastian/tu … netest.png

That'd be a nice tie-in with another open source project. You should sketch a design big_smile

By rubberduck 26 Aug 2019 06:26

Member · 18 comments

I already saw the issue about the storage system on github before, I mentioned it too, because it is important for me.
I also saw this closed issue about leveling and my thought was, that it is already implemented, but currently broken.

For a monster sketch I got the idea of a combination of both monsters too, could be called "mesoerkki"...

By rubberduck 5 Sep 2019 18:05

Member · 18 comments

Update: I tested the latest git

I like that there is already a simple form of leveling, even very simple...
Also it does not crash anymore, the misa bug is fixed too, but their tickets are not closed yet (issues 537 and 538)