Raspberry Pi

By Hikari 28 Jan 2015 12:05

Member · 23 comments

Tiny computer that's been selling like crazy for a few years now. It's aimed at education, but has a huge tinkerer following, and as a result has a massive userbase.

Tossed a site link at their heads to hopefully maybe get some interested people looking at porting it over and helping out. Why? I'm seeing me plus ten other people as registered users, and it's mostly been me plus two others actually posting in the past week. This project needs people involved otherwise it will fail.

I do not want that to happen.

By ShadowApex 29 Jan 2015 00:08

Lead Developer · 374 comments

I believe that Pygame has already been ported to the Raspberry Pi and thus Tuxemon should already work without any additional modification.

By dulsi 23 Jul 2016 17:50

Member · 27 comments

I joined the Kickstarter for the CHIP. The PocketCHIP can run tuxemon. You have to decrease the screen size to the size of the PocketCHIP screen.

By ShadowApex 24 Jul 2016 02:25

Lead Developer · 374 comments
dulsi wrote

I joined the Kickstarter for the CHIP. The PocketCHIP can run tuxemon. You have to decrease the screen size to the size of the PocketCHIP screen.

I pre-ordered a PocketCHIP as well. Shipping has been delayed so I probably won't get one until September or so. hmm

I wanted to make sure that Tuxemon runs well on it. smile

By bitcraft 25 Jul 2016 00:25

Champion · 166 comments

Heh, I'm probably going to order one for tuxemon as well.  I'd love to use a pocket chip as a companion device for the game.  Kinda like a networked Tuxepedia, or alternative map or something while you play on your computer.

By tamashihoshi 25 Jul 2016 21:30

Champion · 251 comments
bitcraft wrote

Heh, I'm probably going to order one for tuxemon as well.  I'd love to use a pocket chip as a companion device for the game.  Kinda like a networked Tuxepedia, or alternative map or something while you play on your computer.

"companion device for the game" made me think of the sega dreamcast VMU..

im not sure what the pocket chip can do.. but wouldnt it be kinda cool to.. like.. take your favorite tuxemon with you?
you could have the tuxepedia... the map... and a tuxemon, maybe feed it once in a while like a tamagotchi or so.. and when you connect your pocket chip back on the pc, your tuxemon gained some exp...

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day!