Glitches caught on video

By Kelvin 25 Mar 2016 22:30

Member · 44 comments

https://youtu.be/JrYX4jJUP70

I dunno if this is the right place to post this. If not, would a mod please move it? Thank you.

By ShadowApex 26 Mar 2016 00:32

Lead Developer · 374 comments

Really entertaining watch, thanks for the upload! smile

This is actually an older build of the game. Some (not all yet sad ) of the bugs shown were actually fixed in the latest version (and with new bugs introduced!). I haven't yet uploaded a Windows binary build of the latest version but it is playable using the source instructions. I'll try and build an updated binary version soon.

Here were some comments on your points you brought up in the video:
- The music restarting bug was just recently fixed.
- The tile offsetting bug during teleport should be fixed now. This was happening because the players movement input wasn't being cleared when you teleported to a new map.
- Right now targeting item use hasn't been implemented yet so we're currently just targeting the first monster in the party.
- Teleporting to new maps without a transition still has some issues.

Thanks again for the video!

By Kelvin 26 Mar 2016 03:14

Member · 44 comments

No problem. I'll check out the new updates and see what I find. I actually got the idea to post glitches in video form while watching the dev videos. Those were very fun to watch. :3

By Kelvin 26 Mar 2016 17:31

Member · 44 comments

By ShadowApex 26 Mar 2016 18:56

Kelvin wrote

No problem. I'll check out the new updates and see what I find. I actually got the idea to post glitches in video form while watching the dev videos. Those were very fun to watch. :3

Glad you enjoyed those big_smile . I'll try and do some more streams in the future for those who might be interested. I've also been thinking of making some map-making video tutorials to show people how they can make new maps with Tiled, add game events, etc.

I watched your second video and fixed a couple of the bugs you mentioned there this morning:

- I fixed the tile scaling problem when doing a normal teleport in this commit. There's still two problems I'd like to address in the future with teleports:
    1. When switching to a new map through a teleport the game stutters due to loading the new map resources. We should be able to fix this by pre-loading connecting maps.
    2. Doing a normal teleport will stop the player if they're holding down a directional key, making the transition not-so-seamless.

- I fixed the bug where player input was still allowed during a battle transition in this commit.

- Bitcraft fixed the combat music changing in this commit.

- Your tile animations (like the animated sign) weren't working because you might have an outdated version of PyTMX. You can upgrade PyTMX to enable map animations by running this command: pip install pytmx --upgrade.

If you want to try testing out these fixes you can download the latest source from the development branch: https://github.com/Tuxemon/Tuxemon/arch … opment.zip

By bitcraft 27 Mar 2016 03:50

Champion · 166 comments

Very entertaining, thank you Kelvin.  I'll help out stamping out these pretty entertaining glitches.  Looking forward to you breaking it again!  big_smile

By Kelvin 28 Mar 2016 20:51

Member · 44 comments

OK, I'll try those out in a bit. Also, the graphical errors in the glass that I mentioned, turns out they really weren't; I actually put those lines in because the reflection streaks didn't wanna line up correctly in some instances. I just forgot, heheh. ^.-.^;

By Kelvin 28 Mar 2016 22:23

Member · 44 comments

OK, I played the newest one, but apart from battles initiating as you start moving onto a grass tile as opposed to once you're all the way on it or being able to walk through doors without being right on the tile, there's nothing wrong with it. Good job, guys! I look forward to the next feature for me to break!

By Kelvin 26 Jul 2016 23:18

Member · 44 comments

I didn't get a chance to record this one, but if you go through a door and quickly turn around and go back before the fade transition ends, you'll get stuck in a dark room. The game will remain dark until you close it. I haven't been able to catch it dark enough to make it unplayable, but the transition never finishes, no matter how many areas I go through. Darkness does not affect menus.

Also, a GCW Zero glitch! In the main town map, if you get a running start, you can pass through certain solids. It only happens in the GCW version, which I think may be caused by the low frame rate. It seems that since I rarely hit a frame where I'm right in the middle of a tile, it never fails to let me go through a wall, so I think the open space check is being skipped along with the screen update. Is movement code happening in the same place as render code or something? I'm not sure what else could be causing this.

By bitcraft 27 Jul 2016 03:04

Champion · 166 comments

Ah Kelvin, thanks for bug hunting again!  I am sure the low framerate is affecting the GCW version.  It would be a non-trivial fix to really make the game faster on slower systems like that...but something we should take care of sometime (especially for our android builds!).

I'll open an issue on github and track progress on improving the framerate.

Keep breaking it!  big_smile

By josepharaoh99 27 Jul 2016 18:47

Champion · 295 comments

Does anyone know why Tuxemon crashes when I try to look at my list of Tuxemon or have a battle with some Tuxemon? I ran them through pysnesify, and that still didn't fix the error. Some work, and some don't

Last edited by josepharaoh99 (27 Jul 2016 18:47)

Multiple Media Producer
Jesus is God! http://www.upci.org/search

By bitcraft 2 Aug 2016 17:07

Champion · 166 comments

Not sure about that one.  The only reoccurring bug that gets me is the title screen sometimes crashes.  I would try cloning into a clean folder to make sure no local changes are causing it to crash.

By josepharaoh99 4 Aug 2016 17:41

Champion · 295 comments

Ok thanks

Multiple Media Producer
Jesus is God! http://www.upci.org/search

By ShadowApex 5 Aug 2016 00:38

bitcraft wrote

Not sure about that one.  The only reoccurring bug that gets me is the title screen sometimes crashes.  I would try cloning into a clean folder to make sure no local changes are causing it to crash.

I've noticed that crash when I try pressing inputs on the splash screen (e.g. pressing ESC or ENTER multiple times).

By bitcraft 5 Aug 2016 01:16

Champion · 166 comments

I've noticed the splash screen bug as well.  I've just disabled it in the config, but its probably due for an issue on github.