Chickenshowman's Contributions

By Chickenshowman 21 Jan 2017 05:13

Member · 21 comments

Thanks! I've got a lot more coming. Finished a couple things today, got the church, a knight and the water tiles done!

IASgVA3.png

By ShadowApex 23 Jan 2017 19:31

Lead Developer · 374 comments

Looks awesome! Tilesets are one of the things we are lacking most.

By MirceaKitsune 24 Jan 2017 14:26

Member · 38 comments

I like how that looks... not bad at all! Personally I'd say character graphics are most lacking, followed by tilesets.

By Chickenshowman 24 Jan 2017 21:19

Member · 21 comments

Alright so I've been working on the tileset for a while. It's still not complete but thought I'd show off what I have so far and maybe what the village in the medieval area could look like? I still need to add some more textures and character sprites but it's getting there. Let me know what you think/ anything that needs added or changed?

Here's the tileset so far:

qkuZZeW.png

And here's a mockup of the village:

c8KnIsQ.png

By josepharaoh99 25 Jan 2017 21:51

Champion · 295 comments

Oh my goodness, that is so amazing!! And I have to give you a BIIIG thank you for making a sprite of Vyking - he looks so much better than my horrible doodle. When I first saw, it, I was blown away to see one of my ideas turned into a real Tuxemon.

As far as the medieval tiles, they are amazing!! They could probably use some rocks and boulders (which we already have some of tho unless you especially wanted to make more) and maybe something like a statue. And amazing job on the NPCs - are they complete sets?

Multiple Media Producer
Jesus is God! http://www.upci.org/search

By Serpexnessie 25 Jan 2017 23:03

Member · 23 comments

I think the tileset looks amazing! My only complaint would be that the green looks too bright, but that's probably just me.

Last edited by Serpexnessie (25 Jan 2017 23:03)

By Chickenshowman 26 Jan 2017 03:51

Member · 21 comments

Oh my goodness, that is so amazing!! And I have to give you a BIIIG thank you for making a sprite of Vyking - he looks so much better than my horrible doodle. When I first saw, it, I was blown away to see one of my ideas turned into a real Tuxemon.

No worries! I really enjoyed making him. It's so much easier to make a sprite when the idea is already thought out.

And amazing job on the NPCs - are they complete sets

No unfortunately these are just front sprites. I would have to make the side and back ones as well as walking animations. I've never done that so it may be beyond my scope.

I think the tileset looks amazing! My only complaint would be that the green looks too bright, but that's probably just me.

Thank you! And yeah the colours could definitely be altered a bit. I used the Dawnbringer 32 palette for the whole thing.

By tamashihoshi 26 Jan 2017 21:18

Champion · 251 comments
Serpexnessie wrote

Probably a second grass type could be added... for shorter and taller grass
RPG maker usually has both: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/m … a45424.jpg
do you think that would help?

edit: here is a very quick draft of what I mean. With crappy colors.. but you get what I mean:
darker colors + different grass style
pdySa5S.png

Last edited by tamashihoshi (26 Jan 2017 21:29)

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day!

By Serpexnessie 27 Jan 2017 03:51

Member · 23 comments

I think multiple grass tiles may solve the problem. Maybe have different grass tiles randomly strewn about? idk.

By Chickenshowman 27 Jan 2017 05:16

Member · 21 comments

Ya that's a good idea. Shouldn't take me too long to make the tall grass. Just making the ground texture transition tiles takes a while