Configuring pyscroll

By MirceaKitsune 15 Apr 2017 18:44

Member · 33 comments

I noticed that after the recent implementation of pyscroll rendering, Tuxemon is refusing to run... obviously because it's missing pyscroll, which as expected is a separate library. Unfortunately my Linux distribution (openSUSE Tumbleweed) does not seem to offer it, alongside pygame and the other necessary Python components.

Could anyone please instruct me where to get pyscroll from, and where I should place it so that Tuxemon sees it? Alternatively, if pyscroll is a rarer component, is it a bad idea to include it with Tuxemon's source code altogether?

Last edited by MirceaKitsune (15 Apr 2017 18:45)

By bitcraft 15 Apr 2017 23:55

Champion · 129 comments

sudo pip install pyscroll
The pyscroll renderer simplifies the Tuxemon code base and also makes it work better on underpowered systems like CHIP and raspberrypi.

By MirceaKitsune 17 Apr 2017 00:41

Member · 33 comments
bitcraft wrote

sudo pip install pyscroll
The pyscroll renderer simplifies the Tuxemon code base and also makes it work better on underpowered systems like CHIP and raspberrypi.

Thanks... I'll try that if all else fails. I was hoping for a way to install it into Tuxemon rather than system-wide though. Is there any way to do that alternatively?

By bitcraft 17 Apr 2017 00:59

Champion · 129 comments

you could copy the pyscroll folder into the tuxemon folder.  It might need to be Tuxemon/ or Tuxemon/tuxemon/  you'll have to do some testing.

By MirceaKitsune 17 Apr 2017 13:41

Member · 33 comments
bitcraft wrote

you could copy the pyscroll folder into the tuxemon folder.  It might need to be Tuxemon/ or Tuxemon/tuxemon/  you'll have to do some testing.

Got it working, thanks! I simply cloned https://github.com/bitcraft/pyscroll somewhere, made a symlink of its "pyscroll" subdirectory (keeping the same name), then copied it into "tuxemon_git/tuxemon". Just noticed I had to do the same for pytmx, which is also not included in my distro apparently.