Ideas for the region name

By Sanglorian 14 Sep 2017 11:08

Champion · 438 comments

I thought I'd spin this out of the other thread since it's a worthwhile question on its own.

Sanglorian wrote

I've been trying to think of a name for the region that our current game is set in. I've been playing around with something like Fondent, etc. This would tie in ( a) all the cities being named after wedding anniversary gifts (and fondant being a type of icing found mostly in wedding cakes) and (b) the vaguely religious theme of the Cathedral (The Fundament being a name for the heavens).

Apollonios wrote

Brainstorming -
Ancient names of the Nile: Fiaro, Iteru, Neilo, Shihor
Chinese-inspired: Jingdi, Jingsho, Jangjo, Tiensha (I can explain the meanings, if you like)
Anagrams of “libre”: Lerbi, Lirbe, Berli, Birle

Personally I like Fiaro, Iteru, Lirbe and Berli.

By Qiangong2 16 Sep 2017 17:29

Member · 16 comments

Taba, the starting town, is the only one officially named yet, and it is an Egyptian city. I think we should focus on making the city names before the region name.

It should be a pleasing sound. As in the Pokémon games, every region and city sounds nice.

By Sanglorian 16 Sep 2017 21:17

Champion · 438 comments
Qiangong2 wrote

Taba, the starting town, is the only one officially named yet, and it is an Egyptian city. I think we should focus on making the city names before the region name.

Hi Qiangong,

We do have names for the towns and cities - they're outlined in the draft plot.

By Qiangong2 17 Sep 2017 06:07

Member · 16 comments
Sanglorian wrote
Qiangong2 wrote

Hi Qiangong,

We do have names for the towns and cities - they're outlined in the draft plot.

Well, it would have been nice to know that. Sorry. Everything I have been going off of has been from the Github wiki.

By tamashihoshi 17 Sep 2017 19:39

Champion · 248 comments

Ohh! yikes
Well we have 2 Wikis running kinda. The Github wiki you've looked at and then this one: https://wiki.tuxemon.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
I think the second one is more up to date but it might be missing some stuff that is included in the github wiki probably.

Last edited by tamashihoshi (17 Sep 2017 19:39)

my pretty inactive DeviantArt Account is here: http://tamashihoshi.deviantart.com/
I'm also pretty inactive on OpenGameArt: http://opengameart.org/users/tamashihoshi

By Sanglorian 18 Sep 2017 10:11

Champion · 438 comments
Qiangong2 wrote

Well, it would have been nice to know that. Sorry. Everything I have been going off of has been from the Github wiki.

Sorry about that. I've gone through the Github wiki and put links to the main wiki on all the redundant pages (there's still some that haven't been transferred as they have Markdown formatting that I couldn't figure out how to replicate in wiki syntax).

By Qiangong2 18 Sep 2017 21:52

Member · 16 comments
Sanglorian wrote
Qiangong2 wrote

Sorry about that. I've gone through the Github wiki and put links to the main wiki on all the redundant pages (there's still some that haven't been transferred as they have Markdown formatting that I couldn't figure out how to replicate in wiki syntax).

Thanks. Not to hijack this thread, but you broke a lot of stuff in your latest commit.