Add others Pokemon features

By CitoplasmaX 5 Nov 2017 03:07

Member · 10 comments

I think it would be nice to add features from other Pokemon games in the not too distant future.

Many players or former Pokemon players miss some things from those games for example, I miss the basement of Pokemon Platinum and even the previous games contests of the Game Boy, the secret bases and the connections of other players to your world through the Nexus Zone of Pokemon Black and White.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Underground

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki … on_Contest

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki … thlon_Dome

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Entralink

I understand how difficult it must be to add all these characteristics, that is why I propose them for a future.

Other thing I liked that was once implemented in Pokemon but that, given its commercial origin, did not interest. It consisted in that the subsequent editions of the saga, in this case of this game, added extensions to the map with the new regions, thus being a true Pokemon adventure of a trainer throughout the Pokemon world and not doing reboot in each beginning, besides, give the possibility to players to start in a certain region or at random.

Those who played Gold, Silver and Heartgold and Soulsilver, did not like that possibility of traveling to Kanto much later in the game ?, or in the specific case of Heartgold and Soulsilver, did not like the idea of traveling to Sinnoh to see the ruins of SinJoh ?

Original thread: https://github.com/Tuxemon/Tuxemon/issues/364

By bitcraft 5 Nov 2017 16:19

Champion · 166 comments

Have you seen the "Crawls" thread?  https://forum.tuxemon.org/thread.php?id=221#p2044

Starting in random regions would be a big challenge for Tuxemon.  The scripting capabilities are pretty basic....  It would be tough to track story progress across random starting points.  I do like the idea of it though.

By CitoplasmaX 5 Nov 2017 16:29

Member · 10 comments

It has not much difficulty in, for example, programming stories for 3 regions and select in random where you start. And, all stories has a starting precuel that is omited if you come from another region.

Last edited by CitoplasmaX (5 Nov 2017 16:30)

By bitcraft 5 Nov 2017 19:07

Champion · 166 comments

In that case, you are welcome to contribute stories for other regions that have not been programmed and integrate their programming with the existing system.  There are many threads to learn what has already been developed.  The complexity comes from being able to track the player progression from different regions without developing a different game for each starting region (because that my be more work than the community can handle, tbh).

Last edited by bitcraft (5 Nov 2017 19:15)

By Sanglorian 6 Nov 2017 10:35

Champion · 491 comments

Thanks for your thoughts.

Perhaps you could tell us a bit more about what you liked about some of these features, and how those things could be introduced without replicating the features exactly. For example, in the Underground was it the minigames that appealed, or the farming of orbs, etc.?

Likewise, I think contests could be an interesting addition to the games - but how can they be done well? Will they ever be as tactically rich as battling, and how would that work?

By CitoplasmaX 8 Nov 2017 22:13

Member · 10 comments

Of the few games I've bought, the first thing I focused on is that it was multiplayer and, I'm one of those who think that a game can not be better without being with partners enjoying the game. In addition to this, the plot of mystery that spread certain characteristics such as the underground world  away from the rest.

By CitoplasmaX 8 Nov 2017 22:15

Member · 10 comments

Regarding what you say about not doing the identical characteristics, not only to avoid legal problems with Pokemon and Game Freak, but also to be more original, analyzing the evolution that these characteristics have given throughout the games, you can also suggest what things add and / or remove to make it similar and original at the same time.

For example, if we talk about the subsoil or the nexus zone, we can simply think of a way in which players from different games meet, that is, a multiplayer mode that can be in the same world or in another created for that task and that consists of exploration. Concerning competitions and Pokeathlon we can propose a game mode, also multiplayer, in which the physical characteristics of the Pokémon are exploited directly and from other points of view (see how it sounds like animal abuse, perhaps it would be better to consider playing coaches with Tuxemons directly more than to propose a minigame in which a child can end up concluding that other lower animals are like toys for their leisure).

Last edited by CitoplasmaX (8 Nov 2017 22:19)

By Sanglorian 14 Nov 2017 07:34

Champion · 491 comments

Thanks CitoplasmaX, that gives some interesting angles to explore.

So in terms of a place that people can explore in multiplayer, and possibly in single player as well, what could it be like?

- A fairground or tournament that attracts people from all around
- A vacation hotspot with spas, exclusive items, etc
- An austere training retreat, like a monastery in the mountains
- An abandoned ruin or dungeon

And for non-battling contests, some ideas are:

- Beauty contests (like in Pokemon)
- Sports (like in Pokemon)
- Racing (I've been playing a great little DS game called Monster Racers)
- Obstacle courses/orienteering/survival/camping/something
- Farming

By bitcraft 15 Nov 2017 00:38

Champion · 166 comments
Sanglorian wrote

This could be very interesting if techniques could be used in the game world.  For instance, we could do puzzles that involve techniques from your TXMN.  Use fire to burn barriers, freeze to walk on frozen rivers, whirlwind to manipulate levers, etc.  With the right team and techniques, you could coordinate your actions to complete the course.

Last edited by bitcraft (15 Nov 2017 00:38)

By Sanglorian 15 Nov 2017 03:32

Champion · 491 comments
bitcraft wrote
Sanglorian wrote

This could be very interesting if techniques could be used in the game world.  For instance, we could do puzzles that involve techniques from your TXMN.  Use fire to burn barriers, freeze to walk on frozen rivers, whirlwind to manipulate levers, etc.  With the right team and techniques, you could coordinate your actions to complete the course.

Good idea. Here's some initial brainstorming I did about "field techniques".

Requiring different sets of tuxemon works great for a multiplayer area! You could team up with your friends to beat a particularly difficult puzzle, or put out a call on the net to see if a stranger could come along and help you out.

By bitcraft 15 Nov 2017 19:31

Champion · 166 comments

Thanks for that link, Sanglorian.  Didn't know you already did that brainstorming!