"Big" Story outline by Qiangong2 (aka Zhongtiao1)

By Qiangong2 6 Jan 2018 04:07

Member · 21 comments

If you've been following the github changes within the past half year or so, you have seen plenty of updates related to the story that I have created.

So far what I have written out:

• Boy starts in house
  • Boy heads to Tuxemart to meet professor
  • Boy gets Tuxemon from Professor
  • Boy meets Team Xero Grunts on Route 2ish
  • Boy gets abducted
  • Boy meets Misa, forced to join forces
  • Boy is released and goes to cotton town
  • Boy meets Allie
  • Boy meets Omnichannel CEO who doesn't like Allie (or Tuxemon)
  • Boy leaves cotton town and sees the leader
  • Boy learns that Allie is Misa's sister

That is all I have written so far (aside from a few side npcs speaking).

This is what I plan on having (not necessarily in this order):

• Boy learns that Misa and Allie are somehow connected to Omnichannel
  • CEO gets ousted/purged by omnichannel (maybe by someone named "Kane"?)
  • Enforcers are sent out by Omnichannel to quell the Team Xero revolt
  • Boy defeats "Board of Directors"
  • Battle Professor (Could the professor actually be behind Omnichannel?)
  • Rockitten, Hydrone, and Fruitera are repopulated into the wild
  • Confrontation between Head of Spyder and Misa.
  • One town swarming with Omnichannel enforcers and you have to bribe your way through town
  • Different Town finds out you have Tuxemon and the citizens turn on you and you have to escape
  • Find out that one parent works for Xero and one for Omnichannel (A forbidden love?)
  • Find out news from a TV at some point
  • Before final battle with "Kane" talk about ethical implications of capturing Tuxemon (Like N in pkmn black/white)

What do you guys think? It's a very vague, general outline of what I was thinking of adding. This doesn't account for any NPC related "side quests" which I intend on adding after the story is finished.

By Sanglorian 10 Jan 2018 08:25

Champion · 456 comments

Hi Qiangong2,

Thanks for writing this out for us. I think it would help people give feedback if you gave us a bit more information, for example:

1. A paragraph description of each of the characters and organisations, including what they're trying to achieve
2. Which places you imagine each event taking place in ... would this span the entire map from Paper Town to Candy Town, or just a sub-set of locations?
3. What themes you are going for. For example, "Kane" talking about the ethics of capturing tuxemon - is that a theme that's developed elsewhere in the plot?

By Qiangong2 11 Jan 2018 20:18

Member · 21 comments
Sanglorian wrote

Hi Qiangong2,

Thanks for writing this out for us. I think it would help people give feedback if you gave us a bit more information, for example:

1. A paragraph description of each of the characters and organisations, including what they're trying to achieve
2. Which places you imagine each event taking place in ... would this span the entire map from Paper Town to Candy Town, or just a sub-set of locations?
3. What themes you are going for. For example, "Kane" talking about the ethics of capturing tuxemon - is that a theme that's developed elsewhere in the plot?

Characters

Misa: The leader of the Xero Institute for Tuxemon Research. Also leads a secret rebellion with a team called Team Xero. Misa is the daughter of a former member of the Omnichannel "board of directors" who was purged by Kane about five to six years ago. A young woman who rose through the ranks of Omnichannel and was assigned by Kane personally as the head of the Xero Institute.

Allie: Carefree sister of Misa, a lower level enforcer at Omnichannel right now, but is of interest to Kane in some way or another.

Aeble: CEO of Omnichannel. Mainly just a figurehead, has nominal control over cotton town. Generally likable. Will get purged by Kane and the "Board of Directors"

Jess: Side Character. Mentioned occasionally. May not ever be seen in game. May or may not be purged by Kane.

Professor: Standard pokemon professor story. See him once, then never again. (Possibly is Kane?)

Kane: Manipulates Omnichannel and its sub branches such as Spyder. Has limited oversight of Xero however. A likable person overall, not too arrogant, confident though. Great at persuasion and public speaking. (Possibly is the Tuxemon Professor as well?) Believes that the way to save Tuxemon from abuse by trainers is to restrict them from everyone. Even if it means killing them. "A dead Tuxemon is better than an abused Tuxemon". He lets Tuxemon run free and play in his office.

Dad: Leader of enforcers. May not necessarily will be seen in game, but Kane may talk about him to the player.

Mom: Scientist at Xero? Unsure if there will even be talk about her.

Organizations

Spyder: Spyder creates poisons and inhibiting drugs (officially Medicine). Original purpose was to develop Tuxemon poisons. Limited to no NPCs will be part of Spyder in this game.

Omnichannel: Omnichannel is the ruling power in the region. Local Government has some power, but most everything is controlled by Omnichannel. Structure is set up like North Korea a bit. Kane has absolute power, though there are his "advisors", the "board of directors". Enforcers are the Omnichannel's version of Team Xero grunts. Some Tuxemon research is done at Omnichannel, but most is outsourced.

Xero Institute: Created by Martin Xero (A former member of the "board of directors") right before Kane came to power. When consolidating power, Kane left the Xero Institute intact as they helped with researching Tuxemon weaknesses. Due to this, the Xero Institute retained a bit of autonomy from Omnichannel. Martin Xero was purged when it was found out he was saving Tuxemon instead of helping to kill them off. Misa created Team Xero from some of her friends within the Xero Institute right after her Father was purged by Kane. Slowly it grew until Team Xero encompassed all of the Xero Institute. The Xero Institute is the only branch of Omnichannel allowed to breed new Tuxemon without getting approved by the "board of directors" (which never happens).

By Sanglorian 20 Jan 2018 08:22

Champion · 456 comments

Hi Qiangong2,

Thanks for providing that extra information. I'm still a bit confused about the story that you are imagining. There seems to be a focus on individual characters, rather than on the broader themes or the arc of the story.

For example, there's scheming within Omnichannel, but why? Why do Kane and the former CEO butt heads, and what makes that important for the story? And while Kane doesn't want tuxemon to be kept by cruel trainers, is that really different from Omnichannel already limiting access to tuxemon for other reasons/wanting to kill them off? Why does Omnichannel want to kill off tuxemon? 

For that matter, what is the current limitation on tuxemon in this world? Is it just that they can't be bred? (And when you say "breed new tuxemon", do you mean new varieties of tuxemon, or they're not allowed to get two tuxemon to mate to have children? Or are people not allowed to own tuxemon at all? What do routes between towns look like if keeping tuxemon is meant to be forbidden?

I think there's some interesting ideas here but I'm not sure what the overall direction of the story is.

By Qiangong2 8 Feb 2018 00:07

Member · 21 comments
Sanglorian wrote

Hi Qiangong2,

Thanks for providing that extra information. I'm still a bit confused about the story that you are imagining. There seems to be a focus on individual characters, rather than on the broader themes or the arc of the story.

For example, there's scheming within Omnichannel, but why? Why do Kane and the former CEO butt heads, and what makes that important for the story? And while Kane doesn't want tuxemon to be kept by cruel trainers, is that really different from Omnichannel already limiting access to tuxemon for other reasons/wanting to kill them off? Why does Omnichannel want to kill off tuxemon? 

For that matter, what is the current limitation on tuxemon in this world? Is it just that they can't be bred? (And when you say "breed new tuxemon", do you mean new varieties of tuxemon, or they're not allowed to get two tuxemon to mate to have children? Or are people not allowed to own tuxemon at all? What do routes between towns look like if keeping tuxemon is meant to be forbidden?

I think there's some interesting ideas here but I'm not sure what the overall direction of the story is.

Hi Sanglorian,

Kane thinks that very few people are responsible enough to make sure that Tuxemon do not get hurt. He butts heads with the former CEO because he believes that the CEO is stuck in the past and not looking towards the future. The CEO is happy with the current Tuxemon situation and does not want to move forward with Tuxemon development/advancement. The main objective of Omnichannel is to control the world, not necessarily kill Tuxemon. The only reason they had Spyder develop the virus/venom was to curb the rebellion. All of a sudden the people had no weapons that could stand up to the Omnichannel since their Tuxemon could not fight anymore. Due to this, the takeover was relatively bloodless.

Currently, throughout the world, there are roads that people travel upon, but flying never happens due to lack of Tuxemon. Those who have Tuxemon can fly though. The current limit of Tuxemon is that people cannot breed or possess Tuxemon without a permit and usually Omnichannel and Team Xero are the only ones to have those permits (another thing that makes the Tuxemon Professor so interesting).

The Tuxecenters are in every town to serve the Omnichannel personnel, but since practically nobody else has a Tuxemon in the world, they do not card people when they walk in asking to get their Tuxemon healed. Tuxemarts sell basic medicine and exploration needs, but sometimes you can find a shop that will sell you Tuxeballs on the down-low.