Color Monster

By dulsi 10 Jul 2018 02:04

Member · 27 comments

I've been busy with other projects so I haven't had a chance to contribute more. One of the new projects is reusing one image from Tuxemon at the moment. The game is called Color Monster. I've started developing it for the TinyArcade platform. I'm currently using a modified cateye for the only monster in the game. The game has you explore a black and white world, color the monsters, and battle them. It is not yet at a playable state. I posted an open game source article about the development.
colormonster_paint.png

By ShadowApex 10 Jul 2018 04:23

Lead Developer · 374 comments

Looks awesome dulsi! Always happy to see Tuxemon artwork used in other projects. Feel free to use any of the other monsters or assets that would fit well for Color Monster.

TinyArcade looks pretty nifty. I didn't realize that it was purely Arduino based. I've gotten Tuxemon to run on the GCW-Zero and PocketCHIP, which use MIPS and ARM CPUs, but getting a game running on a microcontroller is a whole different level of awesome!

By Sanglorian 10 Jul 2018 07:56

Champion · 490 comments

Very cool!

As it turns out, I've been mucking around making 48x48 and 56x56 pixel tuxemon, with only two colours plus black and white. When I saw your limit is 48x64 pixels per monster, I thought you might be interested (although the majority of the ones I've done so far were already 48x48 pixels and it's white space that got them to 64x64).

By dulsi 12 Jul 2018 14:31

Member · 27 comments
ShadowApex wrote

TinyArcade looks pretty nifty. I didn't realize that it was purely Arduino based. I've gotten Tuxemon to run on the GCW-Zero and PocketCHIP, which use MIPS and ARM CPUs, but getting a game running on a microcontroller is a whole different level of awesome!

Yeah, it's a different beast. I have a feeling my vision for Color Monster will require some work to make i fit on the small machine. Thanks for the suggestions Sanglorian. Glad to see people didn't think of me as trying to "steal" Tuxemon content. I wasn't sure if people would be upset by a "competing" program.