Wiki bug

By Sanglorian 26 Jul 2018 13:18

Champion · 490 comments

Hi folks,

I wrote about this on the Discord channel, but I thought it'd be good to collect it here as well.

Over the last week or so the wiki has had a bug, perhaps something to do with #ask or other commands.

When trying to create a new contributor page, this error message displays:

A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:U … ate_script Query: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE t5( id INT UNSIGNED KEY ) ENGINE=MEMORY Function: SMW\SQLStore\TableBuilder\TemporaryTableBuilder::create Error: 1044 Access denied for user 'tuxepedia'@'localhost' to database 'tuxepedia' (localhost)

For other pages it's just an error message that shows up on the page:

Database error
A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.

For the monster pages, removing the following code stopped the error from appearing:

{{#ask:[[TXMN ID::{{#expr:({{{TXMN ID}}})-1}}]] [[Category:Monster]] | ?FaceSprite1= | mainlabel=- }} {{#ask:[[TXMN ID::{{#expr:({{{TXMN ID}}})-1}}]] [[Category:Monster]] | }}
{{#ask:[[TXMN ID::{{#expr:({{{TXMN ID}}})+1}}]] [[Category:Monster]] | ?FaceSprite1= | mainlabel=- }} {{#ask:[[TXMN ID::{{#expr:({{{TXMN ID}}})+1}}]] [[Category:Monster]] | }}

For the Devamp page, removing the following code fixes the page (but that code was the purpose for the page existing:

<table class="invisitable"><tr><td>{{#ask:[[TXMN Completed::Complete]] [[Category:Monster]] |limit=300
|?TXMN ID
|?FrontSprite48px
|?FrontSprite56px
|?Default64px
}}</td></tr></table>

By Sanglorian 29 Jul 2018 10:09

Champion · 490 comments

Doing some more digging, it seems to have something to do with the Monster category. For example, the following code causes a database error:

{{#ask:[
[Category:{{PAGENAME}}]
] [
[Category:Monster]
] |limit=200 |format=ul
|?#
|intro=Pages
}}

But the same code with "Category:Monster" removed (or replaced with "Category:Trainer") does not throw an error.

(I've had to press enter between double square brackets as a way of escaping them for the purposes of BBCode.)

Last edited by Sanglorian (29 Jul 2018 10:17)