Key issues for complete game

By Sanglorian 10 Mar 2019 02:36

Champion · 513 comments

Hi folks,

I've assembled a list of the issues that I think are particularly key, because when they are addressed we will have a full game. When I write the list out like this, it doesn't seem like we're too far off!

Happy to take feedback if others think there are other priorities.

Key

* Implement conditions in battle
* No way to change monster or player name
* Losing battle doesn't send player to last Tuxemon centre/place they were fully healed
* Implement evolution ("morphing") for monsters
* Overcome overworld obstacles
* Tuxemon able to learn new moves ("techniques")
* Storage system

Key for some stories/when we have multiple stories:

* Ability to choose between multiple stories
* Tuxepedia/Tuxindex

Last edited by Sanglorian (Today 04:49)

By christian 14 Mar 2019 04:47

New member · 9 comments
Sanglorian wrote

I've assembled a list of the issues that I think are particularly key, because when they are addressed we will have a full game. When I write the list out like this, it doesn't seem like we're too far off!

It's great to read that you think you're that close!  I've looked through the wiki/game bible/etc, and I've been impressed with the thought that's gone into planning, but as an outsider I had some concern the project might be too ambitious for you guys to really ever get it off the ground.  I'm looking forward to this!

By guixy 20 Jul 2019 14:46

New member · 4 comments
Sanglorian wrote

Hi folks,

Ok. This is development branch, correct?

Happy to take feedback if others think there are other priorities.

How about a way to level up?
Maybe balance the battling system a bit more: a lv1 monster should not be able to 1-hit KO a level 5 monster.

Key

* Implement conditions in battle
* No way to change monster or player name
* Losing battle doesn't send player to last Tuxemon centre/place they were fully healed

I think implementing conditions and teleporting a player that lost a battle can be related.

Change monster's name, yes. But player name? That seems unconventional for any RPG.

Key for some stories/when we have multiple stories:

* Ability to choose between multiple stories
* Tuxepedia/Tuxindex

I will discuss my ideas on the linked github issues.

By Sanglorian 22 Jul 2019 06:32

Champion · 513 comments
guixy wrote
Sanglorian wrote

Hi folks,

Ok. This is development branch, correct?

I think so - I'm actually not familiar with the code side of things.

How about a way to level up?
Maybe balance the battling system a bit more: a lv1 monster should not be able to 1-hit KO a level 5 monster.

I hadn't thought about levelling up (and evolving/morphing). Those will definitely be needed too!

I think a level 1 monster 1HKOing a level 5 monster would be pretty unusual under the suggested combat rules - but I may have my maths wrong! Definitely let me know if so as I want to get it right.

Change monster's name, yes. But player name? That seems unconventional for any RPG.

I think at this point there isn't the option to set any player name. That would be the main purpose behind making it possible to "change" player names, I think.

I will discuss my ideas on the linked github issues.

Looking forward to seeing them!

By Sanglorian Today 04:42

Champion · 513 comments

Added a few other essentials/near essentials:

* Implement evolution ("morphing") for monsters
* Overcome overworld obstacles
* Tuxemon able to learn new moves ("techniques")

EDIT: And Storage system

Last edited by Sanglorian (Today 04:48)