Coming back to tuxemon

By rubberduck 17 Aug 2019 12:19

Member · 20 comments

I am coming back to tuxemon with a "lets test tuxemon" video:
https://sikke.fi/videos/watch/3e617d99- … 48a492b58e

I got stuck very early (it is the misa bug) and I discovered another bug...

It looks like the maps are redone now, it is different compared to the map shown in the wiki:
https://wiki.tuxemon.org/index.php?titl … _down).png
There could be more variety in maps (mountain routes, water routes, more caves...)

I want to create a few maps too, already created a first one which is in the video too.
What can I do better when creating maps, like the size?

Edit: Added Map Download: https://platen-software.de/sebastian/tu … ave_01.tmx

Last edited by rubberduck (17 Aug 2019 12:31)

By Sanglorian 19 Aug 2019 10:21

Champion · 524 comments

That's great -- thank you!

There's two story options -- the wiki map is for one of the plots, while the other plot is being implemented in the game.

Would be great to have you contribute some maps! I loaded up Tiled to check out the one you made -- I like it. What sort of items were you imagining that the barrels would contain?

By rubberduck 19 Aug 2019 14:06

Member · 20 comments

I had some generic items like a capture device or a potion in my mind, similar to pokemon where you can find pokeballs scattered over the map.
I also have an idea for another map, I will draw a quick layout soon.

Another thing I noticed, that the cave walls look more manmade like a dungeon

Update: added map concept, I will start working on it next week / weekend -  when I have time
tuxemon_map_concept.png

Last edited by rubberduck (19 Aug 2019 18:02)

By rubberduck 25 Aug 2019 16:15

Member · 20 comments

While working on the map I made an extended version of the tileset. I wanted brown mountains without grass on top and made even more.
It is also more flexible than the original, shown in a small demo I made.
tileset_demo.png
I used the following tilesets from tuxemon: Basic_Buch_Tiles_Compiled and PastTheFuture_Grass_Sand_Snow

The demo scene uses only the 3 ground layers...
updated_ground_tiles_by_rubberduck.png

By Sanglorian 26 Aug 2019 03:19

Champion · 524 comments

That's a great extension of the tileset, rubberduck! I can't wait to see the full map.

By rubberduck 26 Aug 2019 06:32

Member · 20 comments

I already started on the new map, but with the old tileset, so I have to replace the old tiles.
This week I don't have so much time, in the following weeks I have much more time working on things.

By rubberduck 29 Aug 2019 19:23

Member · 20 comments

the map is still under development, small things to do, also collision and events missing...

route_rbd_01.png

By Sanglorian 30 Aug 2019 11:35

Champion · 524 comments

How idyllic! Who lives in the house?

By rubberduck 30 Aug 2019 17:38

Member · 20 comments

no one yet, you can put anyone in there you want...

By rubberduck 31 Aug 2019 20:27

Member · 20 comments

i finished the map - it has encounters (currently the default ones)
I also added 2 potential positions for trainer battles, these are not functional yet.
And I got an idea for the house: someone who has to do with wood type tuxemon, maybe even with flower like ones - like dandylion , as there are some flowers / plants...

Edit: I fixed an issue where some collision lines didn't work...

https://platen-software.de/sebastian/tu … rbd_01.tmx
also you need the updated tileset, it is the same as posted above

route_rbd_01_v2.png

Last edited by rubberduck (31 Aug 2019 21:24)

By Sanglorian 5 Sep 2019 08:03

Champion · 524 comments

That's great! You have a real eye for designing interesting maps with different paths and features.

By rubberduck 5 Sep 2019 17:58

Member · 20 comments

I have much experience with making maps and art, I also have some images of pokemon maps locally, that I used a bit as a reference...
I want to create some concepts for new monsters soon, like the mese / oerkki monster.

Also is there a specific kind of map that is needed next, I want to start another one in the next 2 weeks.

By Sanglorian 7 Sep 2019 12:58

Champion · 524 comments

Hmmm, if you'd like to try your hand at making a city or town I'd love to see what you come up with!

By rubberduck 13 Sep 2019 07:01

Member · 20 comments

my new city map in development, there is no story happening yet, buildings are just empty...
also the 3 exits (top, right, cave entrance) can be reduced when needed, I wanted to experiment with different exits...
rbd_city_01_wip_01.png

By rubberduck 18 Sep 2019 11:02

Member · 20 comments

I finished the map...
rbd_city_01_v2.png

the tileset is updated again, added cave entrance tiles...
https://platen-software.de/sebastian/tu … ileset.zip

By Sanglorian 18 Sep 2019 12:23

Champion · 524 comments

That's a lovely coastal town - thank you so much for making and sharing. Your maps have a special quality where they look very natural and yet full of interesting places.