New Tuxemon: Pairagrin, Arsinal, Cindinal

By xirsoi 28 Jan 2020 17:10

Champion · 84 comments

Pairagrin
Type: Wood
Category: The Two-Headed Falcon Tuxemon
Description: One of Pairagrin's heads is always searching for prey, while the other focuses on flying at great speed.

I'm imagining a really intense look for Pairagrin, something like Dodrio and Pidgeot having a love-child. Sleek and angular lines, a little like a fighter jet.
It would have below-average HP and Attack, low defense, very high speed, and above average intelligence.
I don't know if intelligence is represented in the engine atm, but I think of it as a clever bird.

I don't know about colors, but earth-tones make the most sense to me.

Cindinal
Type: Fire
Category: The cinder tuxemon. (?)
Description: ?

Cindinal would look just like an American Northern Cardinal, with the black bits around the face having bright orange cracks (like glowing embers) and emitting wisps of smoke.
For stats, I imagine it would be a bit like Pairagrin; High speed, low-ish hp and defense, slightly low attack. Maybe a high Sp.Att. to represent it's fire-y nature?

As a younger form of Arsinal, it should have some of its features softened to make it look more juvenile.

Arsinal
Type: Fire
Category: The pheonix tuxemon. (?)
Description: ?

Arsinal would be the next form of Cindinal, with all of its feathers looking like glowing hot metal wire. It should look like a blue-jay in shape (they're a little... pointier?), but red and orange because fire.

Thoughts?

P.S. While typing this up I had the thought that there could be a base Cardinal/Blue-Jay mon that evolves into several elemental forms. Like Cardigale for Water or Cardarbor for Wood. Thoughts on that?

Last edited by xirsoi (28 Jan 2020 17:15)

By xirsoi 29 Jan 2020 01:39

Champion · 84 comments

Oooo, my wife had the idea of a Pairagrim evolution for Pairagrin and I thought that sounded cool!

Also, a Cardibranch could evolve into Cardarbor.

By Sanglorian 29 Jan 2020 02:45

Champion · 543 comments

Thanks xirsoi, they sound good! Have you done any sketches or sprite art for them? That's usually the next step in bringing these creations to light.

We already have a family of fiery cardinal-based monsters, https://wiki.tuxemon.org/index.php?title=Cardiling

But these new ones could be variants of those, or a new take on the idea - especially if you go in the direction of a base plus several elemental forms.

By xirsoi 29 Jan 2020 11:28

Champion · 84 comments

That would explain why the name Cardinale kept popping into my head...

I don't have any art at the moment, wanted to get feedback first.
I'm rather enamored with my base+elemental forms idea, so I'll probably do some thinking and come up with a full set of 11.

By xirsoi 31 Jan 2020 03:47

Champion · 84 comments

Tanager (the name of a group of species in the Cardinal family)

fire:
  Cindenal
  Arsonal

water:
  Cardagale
  Cardunami

earth:
  Cardinate
  Cardicrystal

metal:
  Cardipage
  Cardiknight

wood:
  Cardibranch
  Cardarbor

What do you think of these names?

By xirsoi 16 Mar 2020 17:58

Champion · 84 comments

Hired a fella by the name of thadeusart on Fiverr and he made this Pairagrim art for me!

Pairagrin_002.png

By Sanglorian 16 Mar 2020 21:48

Champion · 543 comments

Really lovely work! It looks powerful and regal!

By xirsoi 20 Mar 2020 16:27

Champion · 84 comments

Woo, pixel artists are expensive!

I intend to go through thadeusart for the remaining 11 full/concept art pieces, but I might have to learn how to do the pixel art myself.

Last edited by xirsoi (20 Mar 2020 16:27)

By Sanglorian 20 Mar 2020 23:30

Champion · 543 comments

I can heartily recommend Involuntary-Twitch, if they're able to take commissions at this time. But learning pixel art is also great fun!

By xirsoi 2 Apr 2020 16:18

Champion · 84 comments

Pairagrin_-_002.png

For historical purposes, here's the Pairagrin art!

By tamashihoshi 30 Apr 2020 11:27

Champion · 257 comments

If you don't have pixelart-versions of these yet, I can take 'em on, if you want

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day!

By xirsoi 4 May 2020 15:31

Champion · 84 comments

I have the pixel art for Pairagrim, but not Pairagrin.
Please do! It'd save me the trouble of having to learn pixel art from scratch!