[SPOILERS] New attempt at a detailed, compromise plot (extensive)

By Sanglorian 29 Feb 2016 10:46

Champion · 520 comments

Hi folks,

I think josepharaoh99 is right that it's time we have a clear and detailed plot outline for us to work off. We can tweak it later, but we need something.

I have revisited the plot that I briefly sketched out in December, and I've incorporated a whole bunch of ideas that other people have had:

• Leo's Spyder organisation and the virus that they're complicit in, and using the virus as an excuse to seize tuxemon in a power grab, and open source code/DNA being necessary to identify and cure the virus
  • rsg167's idea of fusion (and shivering, although I assigned it to the virus, not fusion)
  • jobashi's "Cathedral and the Bazaar" split, tuxemon being "released" into the public domain, etc.
  • ShadowApex's preference for the Bazaar being a physical place (sort of - it's an organisation that meets in physical places, which was a suggestion that came from Leo - as did at some points having to hunt around to find the Bazaar because they're semi-legal)
  • ShadowApex's preference for the Cathedral to subtly display its force: in fact, most of the Cathedral's employees are benign, and they don't always follow their bosses' orders
  • josepharaoh99's idea of being assisted in finding your first tuxemon, and then being bedevilled by people who insist on enforcing restrictions (your rivals)
  • josepharaoh99's idea, elaborated on by tamashihoshi, of some tuxemon being owned by the Pillar and liberated by defeating them.
  • benneti's idea of following the Nile

The plot tries to learn from the plot of Pokemon Red, but it takes a few short-cuts - so the game should be shorter than Red. (Once we've done one game, we can always do more!)

So far, I've ignored the whole question of whether the world of tuxemon is totally digital, or somewhat digital, or anything like that. If we did introduce that as a plot element, I suggest it be introduced and developed in similar ways and at similar times to how the fossil side-plot is in Red.

---

Let me know what you folks think. I'm happy to explain my thinking, or to adjust things if people have other ideas. There's also room to add in other houses and secret places and so on, if people have ideas that wouldn't fit in to the plot.

Read it here: on the wiki

(PS Some of the tuxemon in there are from the Sitran Pokedex. Spalding004 has kindly released them under a CC BY licence for us to use. I am slowly adding them to the wiki, but in the meantime you can see them here)

EDIT: And my proposed map:

337px-20160229_220423.jpg

Last edited by Sanglorian (29 Feb 2016 11:27)

By Leo 29 Feb 2016 21:53

Moderator · 70 comments

Thanks Sanglorian for tackling this task.

Could you try to separate the matters?
You really put everything on this page. You should separate what is the story from random events, the price of objects and all that jazz. A good plot can stand on his own, independently of the prices of potions in the city.

The idea would to organize everything in a neat way, like having main story elements and characters described in the shortest possible way, and then an outline of the plot, similarly short.

Characters:
[C0] Protagonist. Born, grew up, tralala.
[C1] ...

Plot.
[E1] Start the adventure. Protagonist [C0] does X because Y.
[E2] ...

Try to relate the events to a narrative structure (something like example given). That's the most important thing for the story to stand on its own.
how-and-why-linda-seger-paradigm.gif

Doing a breakup of random encounters and such is really premature, so try to concentrate on the story first. Once things are pretty settled, this should be more time-consuming than difficult.

I also did a quick map to settle where most environments should go, that looks a lot like yours. There are a few more explanations in josepharaoh99's thread.
map_zpsqqaokwsm.jpg

Random aside: it was mostly agreed that we should have five pillars, which conveniently matches Tuxemon's types.

By josepharaoh99 29 Feb 2016 22:54

Champion · 295 comments

Is there any official approval of this plan? And what are some specific maps to be made for this right now?
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Last edited by josepharaoh99 (1 Mar 2016 23:13)

Multiple Media Producer
Jesus is God! http://www.upci.org/search

By ShadowApex 1 Mar 2016 02:39

Lead Developer · 374 comments
Sanglorian wrote

I think josepharaoh99 is right that it's time we have a clear and detailed plot outline for us to work off. We can tweak it later, but we need something.

Overall this is a great outline; thanks for taking the time to create it! As Leo said, having a shorter outline version of the plot would be really helpful. Specifics of each character, town, route, etc. could be included on their own separate page for those who want to get down to creating those maps and resources.

The plot itself looks like a good compromise. We can always expand and tweak the plot as we need to in the future.

Leo wrote

I also did a quick map to settle where most environments should go, that looks a lot like yours. There are a few more explanations in josepharaoh99's thread.

The map outline looks awesome. I originally envisioned a more open world where you could choose where you want to go rather than a more linear progression, but having your journey continue up the Nile is a really neat concept. The location names and general progression looks great.

josepharaoh99 wrote

Is there any official approval of this plan? And what are some specific maps to be made for this right now?

As George R.R. Martin said about his writing, we are more like gardeners of the Tuxemon story rather than architects. The main plot could always change in the future, but we won't even be able to get to that point until we start with something. If you want to start working on these maps, they'll certainly be included. Even if the plot evolves in a completely different direction, we could always use the maps in its own stand-alone campaign.

By Sanglorian 1 Mar 2016 09:17

Champion · 520 comments

Hi folks, thanks for the feedback.

Leo wrote

Could you try to separate the matters?
You really put everything on this page. You should separate what is the story from random events, the price of objects and all that jazz. A good plot can stand on his own, independently of the prices of potions in the city.

The idea would to organize everything in a neat way, like having main story elements and characters described in the shortest possible way, and then an outline of the plot, similarly short.

Characters:
[C0] Protagonist. Born, grew up, tralala.
[C1] ...

Plot.
[E1] Start the adventure. Protagonist [C0] does X because Y.
[E2] ...

Try to relate the events to a narrative structure (something like example given). That's the most important thing for the story to stand on its own.
http://dramatica.com/resources/articles … radigm.gif

Splitting off the different components is a good idea, as is a plot synopsis. I've typed it up and it's on the main story page.

I don't think a Pokemon-style game will ever have a plot that stands on its own, and I think it's difficult for adventure/battle games to raise and lower tension in the same way that a play, book or movie does. I think games need to lean mostly on short- and long-term risk (battles, and then series of battles) for drama. But I have tried to make clear in the synopsis how different story elements are foreshadowed, introduced, touched upon, fulfilled, and so on.

Random aside: it was mostly agreed that we should have five pillars, which conveniently matches Tuxemon's types.

I don't remember seeing this come up, but I'm happy to do it because then we can can have Wool Town be the farthest extent of the map (before a return to the Hospital in Candy City and the Omnichannel building in Cotton Town) and keep it short and sweet.

ShadowApex wrote

Overall this is a great outline; thanks for taking the time to create it! As Leo said, having a shorter outline version of the plot would be really helpful. Specifics of each character, town, route, etc. could be included on their own separate page for those who want to get down to creating those maps and resources.

Thanks ShadowApex, I have spun out these specifics to a number of other wiki pages.

Last edited by Sanglorian (1 Mar 2016 09:19)

By tamashihoshi 1 Mar 2016 18:52

Champion · 251 comments

"josepharaoh99's idea, elaborated on by tamashihoshi, of some tuxemon being owned by the Pillar and liberated by defeating them"
sweet that you put my name on the list, but I really wouldn't put my name on that list since everyone else did so much more work and I actually didnt do anything at all xD
aaaanyways....

Finally I have some time to read through your story...
Im just gonna throw my thoughts into this, while reading, I hope thats okay smile

Paper Town / The beginning
I love the beginning big_smile it reminds me so much of the food industry... I have some milk in the refridgerator which a friend of mine got from a container (some discounter or so throw away lots of milk) which is still delicous and good.. but if something new comes they throw away the old things they got. I'm quite happy france stopped it (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/m … to-charity) but I think its still something important that will bother us for quite a long time...

Cotton Town
How funny that the main character has SO much luck that he directly runs into a nice KNAVE haha big_smile
About the NU phone, MUM said: "(...) That way you won't lose it if you lose a fight to a TRAINER."
Why do I loose money at all? Of course in Pokemon that happens all the time because the protagonist faints when loosing a fight (not sure why) but even then: What kind of a **** person would steal from a fainted person like that?
in my opinion you should leave that sentence away or make a clearer reference to pokemons main character like "(...)That way you won't lose it if you faint all of a sudden after loosing a fight to a TRAINER."
(but of course thats only a suggestion, as all of my comments are)

Route 3
MUM gives me a skateboard? in egypt? I dont know how handy that thing is.. I mean, yeah in a city I could use it, but when running around outside there will be lots of sand on the ground (maybe the ground will be sand only like a desert?)
Also, why and when did MUM get there? Or did she send me the skateboard with some 3D PRINT APP on my NU PHONE? yikes
What's wrong with that FISHERMAN? If he knows that FLOWER CITY is better, why does he not just go there? You could also change that to some guy who just loves fishing for fun and doesn't care what he catches. Or maybe he is avoiding someone in FLOWER CITY and that's why he doesn't go there... you don't need to tell that so clearly but if he complains about it just like that, it feels a little weird to me. But you know what, actually you don't need to change this... as long as there is somewhere a hidden hint, why he acts like that.. I like hidden hints.

Wood Town
waaaaaait a minute... so MUM gave me a NU PHONE, she can call me somehow, but the phone has no contact list? How does that work? Did I just misunderstood this? Or does my MUM doesnt want me to call her back? o.O'

Dojo of the Five Elements
Im very happy that not one random guy suddenly pulls the player in again... This is a good point to give the player at least some freedom. I mean, sure, its important, but if the player decides to ignore the dojo, its their own decision. IMO decisions make the game deeper, it forms the story/gameplay a little more,... I like the dojo like this!

Route 7
MUM intercepts again? Giving me something, so she is.. there? Again: What does MUM do there, did she travel all of that way (which is quite alot now!) just to give me some random item?

Hospital
"Now you can return to the HOSPITAL. Just fuse your tuxemon as you pass through the detector, and the machine won't detect them - because they're not any known breed!"
Uh-oh. This means, that all TXMN I carry with me have to be fused ones. I can't take any normal ones with me? Isn't that a little radical?
Here's a suggestion:
You need only one fused TXMN. That TXMN walks through the detector and on the other side breaks/turns off the detector. Now you can walk through there with any TXMN you have; like this you don't need an army of fusions with you...

- - - - -

I've read the main part of http://tuxemon.referata.com/wiki/The_Sp … _Cathedral

Thanks alot for your effort! I like the story alot smile good job!

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day!

By benneti 1 Mar 2016 20:52

Member · 38 comments

Thanks for the mention big_smile, and i think the story sounds very nice (i even came to believe the fusion thing is a nice thing in this plot), but as tamshihoshi said scatboards may not be ideal, but I think in a sci-fi setting hoverboards would be a neat alternative (they can even fly over sand, and may be used with an upgrade to fly over water as you may have seen in back to the future)  big_smile

Last edited by benneti (1 Mar 2016 20:53)

By josepharaoh99 1 Mar 2016 23:32

Champion · 295 comments

I am currently working on a maze that could serve as ROUTE #1 here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2th1vp2u6ykn … iZuUa?dl=0 (look for maze-to-rock-world.tmx)
I like the idea of following the nile. Maybe it could be kinda like on Mario:
Super_Mario_Bros._3_overworld_map.png
Keep up the good work!

benneti wrote

they...may be used with an upgrade to fly over water

Good idea!

Multiple Media Producer

By josepharaoh99 5 Mar 2016 18:37

Champion · 295 comments

Sanglorian, thank you SO MUCH for coming up with this story plot. I have already printed it and read through it multiple times, and I like it a lot! It is not perfect, but is still very good and can be fixed up a little I'm sure.
   So, if you're willing to take some possible pointers from an amateur, here goes:
1. This plot shares one major flaw with Pokemon-the player doesn't seem to know why he's fighting the PILLARS (except for to get rewards), for the most part, because no one has told him. I suggest that when you meet TEAM BAZAAR, they tell you that since ancient times, OMNICHANNEL has been locking the strongest Tuxemon. They tell you your job is to unlock them. Now the player knows his goal in defeating the PILLARS.
2. In this AWESOME story plot, there are only 4 PILLARS. I suggest that there be 7 (one in every town except Candy Town), more like in Pokemon.
3. I'm not sure about having 1 of 2 teams to choose between to join anymore. This idea probably won't fit very well in with out current plot.
4. You say in Candy Town that the player loses all his Tuxemon. I am thinking maybe the ENFORCERS should drop one (so the player doesn't get too sad. Plus, maybe he wouldn't have gotten any more Tuxemon beyond his current one). But I'm not so sure about this idea...
5. PILLAR ideas. Cotton town could have a skyscraper modeled after a castle(with a mix of modern and medieval styles. Any ideas for a design?). And maybe you should meet the OMNICHANNEL ultimate boss in Bronze Town. Bronze town has a pyramid with a mixed modern and ancient design, serving as OMNICHANNEL HQ.
6. Weird idea here-what if instead of battling 2/3 bosses at a time at the end, the CEO battles with someone you formerly trusted(for a big surprise). That might be too many twists, though, with your RIVALS helping you as well.
7. When you win the game, you are brought to a MULTIPLAYER CENTRE (and have a place unlocked to find the terrifying FUSION monster-good idea!-; maybe a paradise island) where you can sell items, play with human players, and buy new maps, Tuxemon, etc.
8. And, to make each place not go by too quickly, each town has secondary missions and jobs to do before you can go on. These items (gotten from missions) let you get past the foyers of the PILLARS.
   Well, thanks for reading all of this! big_smile By the way, if anyone wants to come up with map diagrams, that would be helpful. And be sure to let me know what you think!

Multiple Media Producer

By josepharaoh99 5 Mar 2016 19:14

Champion · 295 comments

I am working on the maps to go with this story here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mmxw6w238qjh … RgsFa?dl=0

Multiple Media Producer

By Sanglorian 6 Mar 2016 03:31

Champion · 520 comments
tamashihoshi wrote

Cotton Town
How funny that the main character has SO much luck that he directly runs into a nice KNAVE haha big_smile
About the NU phone, MUM said: "(...) That way you won't lose it if you lose a fight to a TRAINER."
Why do I loose money at all? Of course in Pokemon that happens all the time because the protagonist faints when loosing a fight (not sure why) but even then: What kind of a **** person would steal from a fainted person like that?
in my opinion you should leave that sentence away or make a clearer reference to pokemons main character like "(...)That way you won't lose it if you faint all of a sudden after loosing a fight to a TRAINER."
(but of course thats only a suggestion, as all of my comments are)

The way I've always imagined it that it's a bet: the trainers look say: "I bet you half of the money in my pockets that I win" and then whomever wins gets that.

But it's a good idea to clear up the wording: maybe, "That way you won't pay as much money when you lose a battle" to keep it simple and direct (I think you lose money when you lose a battle to a wild Pokemon as well, not just trainers)

tamashihoshi wrote

Route 3
MUM gives me a skateboard? in egypt? I dont know how handy that thing is.. I mean, yeah in a city I could use it, but when running around outside there will be lots of sand on the ground (maybe the ground will be sand only like a desert?)
Also, why and when did MUM get there? Or did she send me the skateboard with some 3D PRINT APP on my NU PHONE? yikes
What's wrong with that FISHERMAN? If he knows that FLOWER CITY is better, why does he not just go there? You could also change that to some guy who just loves fishing for fun and doesn't care what he catches. Or maybe he is avoiding someone in FLOWER CITY and that's why he doesn't go there... you don't need to tell that so clearly but if he complains about it just like that, it feels a little weird to me. But you know what, actually you don't need to change this... as long as there is somewhere a hidden hint, why he acts like that.. I like hidden hints.

That's a good point about the skateboard.

Maybe he could just say, "The fishing's good in FLOWER CITY - but who wants to walk that far?" to explain why he's not there.

tamashihoshi wrote

Wood Town
waaaaaait a minute... so MUM gave me a NU PHONE, she can call me somehow, but the phone has no contact list? How does that work? Did I just misunderstood this? Or does my MUM doesnt want me to call her back? o.O'

Haha, I didn't think about that. I only delayed the contacts app because I didn't want to overwhelm the player with options. But maybe they still won't be overwhelmed because at the start there won't be many contacts.

tamashihoshi wrote

Route 7
MUM intercepts again? Giving me something, so she is.. there? Again: What does MUM do there, did she travel all of that way (which is quite alot now!) just to give me some random item?

Hmm, maybe it could be a relative or a postal worker who hands over the item.

tamashihoshi wrote

Hospital
"Now you can return to the HOSPITAL. Just fuse your tuxemon as you pass through the detector, and the machine won't detect them - because they're not any known breed!"
Uh-oh. This means, that all TXMN I carry with me have to be fused ones. I can't take any normal ones with me? Isn't that a little radical?
Here's a suggestion:
You need only one fused TXMN. That TXMN walks through the detector and on the other side breaks/turns off the detector. Now you can walk through there with any TXMN you have; like this you don't need an army of fusions with you...

I'm thinking of fusion as a short-term thing, so you could fuse your TXMN to get through, and then you could unfuse them again. But sending through one fused TXMN only is a good solution too.

tamashihoshi wrote

Thanks alot for your effort! I like the story alot smile good job!

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback!

benneti wrote

Thanks for the mention big_smile, and i think the story sounds very nice (i even came to believe the fusion thing is a nice thing in this plot), but as tamshihoshi said scatboards may not be ideal, but I think in a sci-fi setting hoverboards would be a neat alternative (they can even fly over sand, and may be used with an upgrade to fly over water as you may have seen in back to the future)  big_smile

I like that! A hoverboard with an over-water upgrade.

josepharaoh99 wrote

Sanglorian, thank you SO MUCH for coming up with this story plot. I have already printed it and read through it multiple times, and I like it a lot! It is not perfect, but is still very good and can be fixed up a little I'm sure.

Thanks, and thank you for your contributions!

josepharaoh99 wrote

1. This plot shares one major flaw with Pokemon-the player doesn't seem to know why he's fighting the PILLARS (except for to get rewards), for the most part, because no one has told him. I suggest that when you meet TEAM BAZAAR, they tell you that since ancient times, OMNICHANNEL has been locking the strongest Tuxemon. They tell you your job is to unlock them. Now the player knows his goal in defeating the PILLARS.

Good thinking. Or maybe it could start even earlier, with your mum explaining it to you.

josepharaoh99 wrote

2. In this AWESOME story plot, there are only 4 PILLARS. I suggest that there be 7 (one in every town except Candy Town), more like in Pokemon.

At the moment there's five; I don't mind having more if people have ideas of what they could be.

josepharaoh99 wrote

3. I'm not sure about having 1 of 2 teams to choose between to join anymore. This idea probably won't fit very well in with out current plot.

Not for this plot, unfortunately - but let's keep these ideas in the back of our heads for when we've finished this game big_smile

josepharaoh99 wrote

4. You say in Candy Town that the player loses all his Tuxemon. I am thinking maybe the ENFORCERS should drop one (so the player doesn't get too sad. Plus, maybe he wouldn't have gotten any more Tuxemon beyond his current one). But I'm not so sure about this idea...

Hmm, yeah - what if the Enforcers only took the player's starter - or their highest TXMN, if they don't have their starter on them?

josepharaoh99 wrote

5. PILLAR ideas. Cotton town could have a skyscraper modeled after a castle(with a mix of modern and medieval styles. Any ideas for a design?). And maybe you should meet the OMNICHANNEL ultimate boss in Bronze Town. Bronze town has a pyramid with a mixed modern and ancient design, serving as OMNICHANNEL HQ.

I like the idea of a pyramid with modern and ancient design for OMNICHANNEL HQ - although I'd still like to keep it in Cotton Town if possible.

josepharaoh99 wrote

6. Weird idea here-what if instead of battling 2/3 bosses at a time at the end, the CEO battles with someone you formerly trusted(for a big surprise). That might be too many twists, though, with your RIVALS helping you as well.

Which person might that be? It could be the SHOPKEEPER from Paper Town, who'd been promoted (not someone you trusted, exactly, but someone you didn't think was a villain).

josepharaoh99 wrote

7. When you win the game, you are brought to a MULTIPLAYER CENTRE (and have a place unlocked to find the terrifying FUSION monster-good idea!-; maybe a paradise island) where you can sell items, play with human players, and buy new maps, Tuxemon, etc.

I think this is a good idea, but I think you could split it off into two:

(a ) Access to battles with human players and access to other maps, which people could get at any point in the game and
(b ) A post-game place where you can buy any item, acquire any tuxemon, battle any person, and where you can test out battle tactics, technique sets, teams, etc. at any level.

josepharaoh99 wrote

8. And, to make each place not go by too quickly, each town has secondary missions and jobs to do before you can go on. These items (gotten from missions) let you get past the foyers of the PILLARS.

I think we could definitely add secondary missions, but maybe they can be optional - for extra XP, money, items, tuxemon, etc. That way, people can skip them or play them as they like.

Last edited by Sanglorian (6 Mar 2016 03:32)

By tamashihoshi 6 Mar 2016 10:15

Champion · 251 comments
Sanglorian wrote

The way I've always imagined it that it's a bet: the trainers look say: "I bet you half of the money in my pockets that I win" and then whomever wins gets that.
But it's a good idea to clear up the wording: maybe, "That way you won't pay as much money when you lose a battle" to keep it simple and direct (I think you lose money when you lose a battle to a wild Pokemon as well, not just trainers)

Ahh this makes much more sense now! Keep the text like this then, we can "explain" in a little side-sentence that trainer battle each other for money..

Sanglorian wrote

Maybe he could just say, "The fishing's good in FLOWER CITY - but who wants to walk that far?" to explain why he's not there.

Surprisingly simple and good. Fine with me big_smile

Sanglorian wrote

Haha, I didn't think about that. I only delayed the contacts app because I didn't want to overwhelm the player with options. But maybe they still won't be overwhelmed because at the start there won't be many contacts.

Hmm.. here is an idea: When the player gets the NU phone, there is a menu option "MUM" or something, to call MUM. Later, when he gets more contacts, the menu changes from "MUM" to "CONTACTS"... although Im not sure how to tell the player that the menu changed smile

Sanglorian wrote

Hmm, maybe it could be a relative or a postal worker who hands over the item.

Hmmm.. we'll think this out somewhen eventually big_smile I would like MUM to give it to the player.. it may be far from home, but MUM doesn't seem to be an avarage person haha tongue

Sanglorian wrote

I'm thinking of fusion as a short-term thing, so you could fuse your TXMN to get through, and then you could unfuse them again. But sending through one fused TXMN only is a good solution too.

Oh... Hmm that would explain why fusion gets introduced so late in the story yikes I always imagined, fusion would be a core element of the game

Sanglorian wrote

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback!

Yer welcome! big_smile

somewhen earlier Sanglorian wrote

That's a good point about the skateboard.

benneti wrote

Sanglorian wrote

I like that! A hoverboard with an over-water upgrade.

https://youtu.be/cMX1_AU1slA?t=120 <3
I'd SO love to have a reference at this point! Although I'd love to, I believe creating a short jingle based on the main theme would get our/my butt spanked because of copyright issues. Graphically and with some sentence we could though.. If you guys want to big_smile

josepharaoh99 wrote

Sanglorian wrote

Good thinking. Or maybe it could start even earlier, with your mum explaining it to you.

If MUM, who's a scientist, explains about the pillars.. What is her role in this whole thing? I mean: why and for who does she do science?
Does she do what she must because she can? Or is she the shadow, that flaps through the pillars? Or does she not care at all?

josepharaoh99 wrote

Sanglorian wrote

Hmm, yeah - what if the Enforcers only took the player's starter - or their highest TXMN, if they don't have their starter on them?

Here is another idea I'm gonna throw in so you have to waste your brain-power and lifetime a little more:
If I get this right, we have 2 Elements for catching tuxemon.. we have the CAPTURE DEVICE for obviously catching and TUXEBALLS (which appeared in your story first if Im not mistaken) to store/use caught TXMN
The enforcer could also confiscate/destroy your capture device, hindering you from catching new tuxemon which are "infected".. and you have to get a new one or repair the old one. This might be more "fair" but less intense...

Sanglorian wrote

Which person might that be? It could be the SHOPKEEPER from Paper Town, who'd been promoted (not someone you trusted, exactly, but someone you didn't think was a villain).

Here is a another suggestion for you to have fun with:
Remember back in WOOD TOWN? Some bazaar dudes shared contacts in there...
One guy (or a girl?) was especially friendly, the player and him/her had contact over the phone more than with others... because, well, s/he is nice and helps out a few times maybe. also checking if the player does any good and maybe even give a little money over the bank sometimes, for a little "I thought you would need a blabla, so here is a little gift! We are friends at all so I figured you would be happy to have a xyz", sometimes randomly calling with a "how are you doing?" and maybe this guy/girl also helped with the hoverboard upgrade...

Now, when you're in the final area... you are not able to call people. Because of the walls or something else, your NU phone has zero connection.* Something feels odd, and as you get closer your phone rings. It's him/her. And s/he is ready to take you on.

*when calling anybody (other than him/her) "NU PHONE has no connection" - most player's will give up instantly. But if you try out every number, you eventually get "It rings... It rings.. It rings... s/he didn't accept your call", which already gives a hint that this person is somewhere closeby.

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I know we'll meet again some sunny day!

By Hugop 7 Mar 2016 02:29

Member · 19 comments

Now we need side stories for the blocked entrances (players shouldn't be able to go far away with a Level 5 PKMN) or are there some already? Let's add on the Wiki what has been done, what is unfinished etc. to make it easier for the other ones to help, including me.

Last edited by Hugop (7 Mar 2016 13:14)

By josepharaoh99 9 Mar 2016 22:22

Champion · 295 comments
sanglorian wrote

I'd still like to keep it in Cotton Town if possible.

Would you mind saying why? Right now Bronze Town seems kinda for no purpose on the map. It'd be nice for the player to go forward instead of backward on the map to get the next place.

sanglorian wrote

You could start off with 3 apps-MAP APP, BANK APP, and CONTACT APP. Later, you get a REMATCH APP.

sanglorian wrote

I think we could definitely add secondary missions, but maybe they can be optional - for extra XP, money, items, tuxemon, etc. That way, people can skip them or play them as they like.

Not sure here...The game might go by too quickly otherwise.

tamashihoshi wrote

Here is another idea I'm gonna throw in so you have to waste your brain-power and lifetime a little more:
If I get this right, we have 2 Elements for catching tuxemon.. we have the CAPTURE DEVICE for obviously catching and TUXEBALLS (which appeared in your story first if Im not mistaken) to store/use caught TXMN
The enforcer could also confiscate/destroy your capture device, hindering you from catching new tuxemon which are "infected".. and you have to get a new one or repair the old one. This might be more "fair" but less intense...

Cool idea...but I do like the idea of Tuxemon being taken from you, because then you have a motive for searching for them in the hospital.

Multiple Media Producer

By josepharaoh99 23 Mar 2016 21:50

Champion · 295 comments

Hey, guys! I have a first rough draft of the starter Paper Town map. It is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2th1vp2u6ykn … iZuUa?dl=0 as map1.tmx
I haven't got all the insides of buildings done yet, but as you can see, I've got the Nile River done. But I'm gonna need a lot of help, 'cause we need a lot of maps right now. Any volunteers?

Multiple Media Producer

By josepharaoh99 7 Apr 2016 19:45

Champion · 295 comments

I would like to propose a few additions to this story:
1. The game starts with you graduating from Tuxemon school. The video from the CEO of OMNICHANNEL is directed to all the new graduates. You can walk around in the school and talk to other graduates, but when you leave, you can't go back in.
2. In Cotton Town, when you go to the start of Route #2, you see a road block of debris. A guard tells you that an avalanche recently occurred. You have to take a detour through a cave north of town.

Plus, the video from the CEO of OMNICHANNEL- is that supposed to be an animation?

Multiple Media Producer

By Sanglorian 8 May 2016 01:50

Champion · 520 comments
josepharaoh99 wrote

I would like to propose a few additions to this story:
1. The game starts with you graduating from Tuxemon school. The video from the CEO of OMNICHANNEL is directed to all the new graduates. You can walk around in the school and talk to other graduates, but when you leave, you can't go back in.
2. In Cotton Town, when you go to the start of Route #2, you see a road block of debris. A guard tells you that an avalanche recently occurred. You have to take a detour through a cave north of town.

Plus, the video from the CEO of OMNICHANNEL- is that supposed to be an animation?

Hi josepharaoh99, what sorts of things would you put in the cave?

And I wasn't thinking it would be an animation - just a sprite of the CEO, standing there.

josepharaoh99 wrote
sanglorian wrote

I'd still like to keep it in Cotton Town if possible.

Would you mind saying why? Right now Bronze Town seems kinda for no purpose on the map. It'd be nice for the player to go forward instead of backward on the map to get the next place.

sanglorian wrote

You could start off with 3 apps-MAP APP, BANK APP, and CONTACT APP. Later, you get a REMATCH APP.

sanglorian wrote

Not sure here...The game might go by too quickly otherwise.

tamashihoshi wrote

Cool idea...but I do like the idea of Tuxemon being taken from you, because then you have a motive for searching for them in the hospital.

When I said "tuxeballs", I meant the capture devices. I don't think we need two methods of capturing/storing tuxemon.

I think the REMATCH APP is a good idea.

My idea for having Omnichannel back in Cotton Town is so that it's foreshadowed from the very start of the game - just like Pokemon Red foreshadows the Viridian City gym. It adds a bit of mystery, and gives a sense that the game is coming full circle.

Last edited by Sanglorian (8 May 2016 01:52)